25 Şubat 2015 Çarşamba

From Head to Sky


Here is my first article about a movie. Actually, ı was planning to start my blog with my favorite classic movie called ’pianist’. However, ı’ve just watched a documentary called’ from head to sky’ and decided to make a prelude with this movie. In addition to movies, sometimes ı can write about any branches of art. I would like to specify that my english is not in advance level and sorry for my grammatical errors, word errors and so on.
Finally, before beginning, ı would like to specify that all of my articles won’t criticize the movies in a bad way. That’s just not my style. To be honest, it is hard to dislike any kind of movies for me. My articles will examine the movies from my eyes. Examinings are totally subjective. Lets begin with the first one!

‘FROM HEAD TO SKY’
I’ve just watched a documentary, running 53 minutes, is called’ from head to sky’. This documentary which is about Mohammed’s journey’ is a small budget production.
Mohammed who tries to identify himself and the meaning of life, deals with his complexities. The reason of his complexities is that he is a dwarf. He knows that he wont be change so, something has to be change. He decides to leave his family, friends, Morocco as well, and prefers to stay alone. He tries to a understand why he is the one who is a dwarf.  He feels extremely alone. Being a dwarf is such a big problem his that he can’t do without thinking of that. Before he sleeps, he whishes to wake up taller with these words  ‘Maybe I will be taller tomorrow. So, my only problem could be that ı shouldn’t wear a short pant’. He feels worthless.
Mohammed misses his childhood. He watches photos from his computer and looks at his face. He thinks that the only place, can be liked on his body, is his face.
Director shooted some scene from the far corners in order to show the shortness of Mohammed and the harmony between his body and environment. There is a football scene that people can definitely reliaze Mohammed’s body’s differences from the other people. I would talk about exactly this issue. I’ve watched this movie with some people. The response of this people over this scene was laughing. I think, Laughing is totally incomprehensible. It is not about these people. This issue is about the society. Being laughing to this scene proves the loneliness feelings of Mohammed.
During this documentary, we can see mostly close-up shootings. Street lightings is glamorous in dark shootings. I’ve found that nice musics with beautiful melody, played on the movie, originated by Manuel Randi and Federico Campana.
‘From Head to Sky’ won the ‘New Horizon Award’  ALJAZEERA International Documentary Film Festival 2011. I suggest you to watch this realistic, touchful documentary.

See You

2 yorum: